The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Thursday August 25, 2011 at 19:19
NFASTRO
Long Time Member
October 2006
I sent the following email to CHCH. If I ever get a response, I will post. In my case CHCH is actually a bit stronger than before here in North York. However, it is still weak compared to most Buffalo stations.

Initially, reception was slightly improved but now it appears that receiving CH11 digital is spotty at best. I believe transmit power is only around 5 or 6 KW. I strongly believe that you need to at least double this power to get a wider audience. Buffalo and most of the GTA is suffering with fringe reception. By increasing the power to around 20 KW, you may be able to cover Buffalo and all of GTA.

I am requesting here that you apply to CRTC for an increase in power. It is silly that CITY TV and other broadcasters in Buffalo or Rochester are or will be using hundreds of KW while CHCH has decided to go to 5 KW. Today, I can receive most of the Buffalo stations and even some Rochester stations more reliably that CHCH Hamilton."

Hosting Services by ipHouse