The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 31 made on Thursday August 25, 2011 at 13:59
avgenius1
Founding Member
May 2002
I have worked on projects where the interior wall finish was real, manufactured onsite tounge and groove panels. All of our rough in boxes had to be left hanging so that the carpenters could center the box in the wood panel. The amount of wall build up they did was amazing. The finished project(s) were incredible. It's rare to run into a project where there are true craftsmen working. When I find that type of worker on the job I always make friends. I've seen some crazy cool craft work done in some homes. My favorite was a customer who had a 550lb. solid reclaimed wood front door built. The door was 4" thick but you could open it with one finger. The door guy spent 2 days getting the hinges perfect. The same house had a custom limestone floor in the entry hall. A local stone artist was hired to cut the limestone slabs into a Celtic knot for the entry focal point. The finished product is still my favorite flooring "art" that I have seen on a job site. The limestone was delivered in slab form, 6" thick. I'm not sure of every tool the guy used but I know there was a LOT of grinding with an angle grinder. Same house had real plaster walls. Metal mesh, 2" thick mortar mix and 1/2" thick plaster coat. I dont know the finish quality as it was that Venetian look.
"Some may never live but the crazy never die" ~ Hunter S. Thompson
"There will be plenty of time to sleep when I am dead" ~ Me

Hosting Services by ipHouse