The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Thursday August 25, 2011 at 01:54
rocket65
Long Time Member
February 2008
When chch tV finally went digital I was initially ecstatic for here in waterloo their analogue signal was pretty grainy and snowy at times so when they fired up their 60 kw signal at uhf 18.1 1100 ft for the most part I had a solid watchable signal but now with their 11 vhf pathetic 6.1 kw signal nothing Why couldn't they have left it the way it was .. who else is allocated to broadcast on 18.1 uhf ? I looked up my address on tv fool and discovered that their erp in my direction dropped from a solid watchable 18.000 to a measly 2.000 no wonder I can.t pick them up anymore . I am recieving higher erp from stations stateside 85 to 115 miles away. it seems to me that american tv stations are glad to share their signals and entice people to watch (more viewers may translate in to greater ad revenue ... why are some canadian stations so damn cheap with their signals am I missing the boat here? a different revenue structure perhaps? I do realize that tv stations can charge a fee for carrying their signal on cable and satellite can they also profit by their terrestrial signals as well?
Michael Robert Bennett

Hosting Services by ipHouse