Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Wednesday August 17, 2011 at 21:16
Total Control Remotes
July 2006
On August 17, 2011 at 21:03, Audiophiliac said...
I need to get my hands on it, but I am thinking "child-friendly" remote! I went to my bosses' house to move some gear and noticed his MX-980 is completely trashed! Battery cover is MIA, several buttons are completely worn off. Some buttons stick and who knows what the gunk in the cracks is. :)

With a daughter coming up on 2, and surely more to come, I do not want to spend mega $$ on a remote that will end up like that in a few years. Maybe an outdoor remote would stand up better? Possibly?

I spoke to URC about a year ago when they came to me to inquire about my "wishlist" or what I think the market needs. I told them a durable remote, not so much a waterproof one. They were actually dead-set against the waterproof series quoting some extensive research they did about sales. However, I think the ease of implementation and price point will drive higher sales. I still wish, however, they made a more rubber like remote, with a shock resistant casing. Or, I wish someone would manufacture "body gloves" for these remotes. I cant tell you how many clients ask me if there is rubber case for thier MX-3000 or MX-6000. If I wasnt so lazy and tied up with BS I would invent one myself... I dont think the remote will be any less sensitive to drops or falls, but waterproof is at least one base covered.

Hosting Services by ipHouse