The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday August 15, 2011 at 23:59
JohnLew
Lurking Member
August 2011
Maybe one of the experts here can shed some light on this problem... beginning to get really frustrating.

Last night, my S70 asked to troubleshoot my NC-50 because it couldn't connect. Not a problem, it's happened before. Hit "Find", didn't find the NC-50. Okay, that doesn't always work. Then it asked for me to "Add Node", which I have done numerous times over the last 3 years. Went down to the NC-50, hit "Add Node" on the S70 and then "Program" on the NC-50. Should find each other, right?

Not so fast. I have my NC-50 named "Main Controller (Basement)". When I hit "Add Node" and then "Program" on the NC-50 I get this message on the S70:

B9448E.5 successfully added. Had requested Main Controller. Please add it next.

B9448E is the Home ID of the Primary Controller (the S70) - verified on the info screen of the S70 with the Nevo ID. The Home ID and Nevo ID of the NC-50 are different.

Then it goes to a screen saying "Update Static Controller" and then back to the "Add Node" screen, never actually finding the Main Controller (Basement) NC-50. Needless to say, the whole setup has fallen apart now.

I've tried (done all these things but maybe I didn't do them correctly?):

1. Z-Wave Factory Reset on S70
2. Factory Reset on NC-50 (not really comfortable with this since there aren't any confirmations except flashing lights...)
3. Updated Firmware on both S70 and NC-50
4. Ditched my old job file and started a new one from scratch in case something was corrupted in the file...

Still can't get it working. The only other thing possibly related is that this particular S70 took about a 3 foot drop onto a wood floor on July 4th that knocked the battery connector loose. However, that has been fixed satisfactorily and the unit powers on and maintains power correctly. Plus, that was a month ago and it worked fine until last night. I don't believe that's related to this issue.

Can anyone help? Sorry for the long first post but I'm almost out of ideas.

Hosting Services by ipHouse