The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday August 15, 2011 at 15:28
kbrady
Lurking Member
August 2011
I am posting to get some help with my project. I have misplaced a number of remote controls. I would like to program the appropriate codes for my equipment into my home automation software, HomeSeer, which will talk to a USB UART infrared repeater. Right now it's only learning capacity is by learning the codes from a working remote which emits IR.
In some cases I have remotes with unusual codes. One is my remote control for my Gateway 30 inch monitor the X HD 3000. The company refers me to several online parts middlemen. But none of them carry the remote nor do I see this available on the used market. The problem of course is that Gateway. Unlike , Sony Pioneer etc. does not make a lot of devices requiring a remote control. I do not see any of the companies making universal remote controls, including the code set has preprogrammed.
The instruction manual tells me that the code set is 01756. That is a good start. I cannot find one of the commercially available preprogrammed remote controls with that code set preprogrammed. My goal would be to ultimately teach a generic remote control here. The commands and then teach my software through the IR, USB connection.
Is there a library available which identifies the actual signals associated with these codes?
Is there a system to download the codes and introduce them to a remote control?
Ultimately, if there was a software application which would be able to download the actual signals to my computer. I could teach one of my universal remotes these set by transmitting out through my IR, USB device and then teach them back into the computer using my home automation software's learn capability.

If there are any primers that I am missing. Please refer me to them. :-)

Any tips appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Kevin

Hosting Services by ipHouse