Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Friday August 12, 2011 at 10:20
ErikS
July 2003
On August 11, 2011 at 15:10, Mission Systems said...
Client is looking to add some basic pool controls to existing system. Jandy RS interface is wired up and tried some basic funtions programmed into RTI system and and not getting any response from the Jandy. While I am nowhere near an RS-232 genius, I am pretty sure I am sending the proper string from the XP-8. I would like to confirm that with any of you that have actually implemented Jandy control into a project before.

TIA for any help you could offer!

How old is the Jandy RS unit? I ask this because we just recently did an interface on a remodel that had an existing jandy controller. We got the serial adapter in and all programmed but nothing worked. It turned out that the Jandy RS unit was not a current enough revision that supported external control. If you hook up to the jandy serial interface via hyperterminal and power cycle the jandy serial interface by pulling the 4 cond plug out for 5 seconds you will start to see messages in hyperterminal. If it says waiting for RS unit, the Jandy controller is too old or is not talking to the Jandy controller. It cost our client about $1000 to upgrade the controller from the pool company. Once this was upgraded the RTI driver worked great.

Hosting Services by ipHouse