The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Thursday August 11, 2011 at 14:48
Larry Watching TV
Long Time Member
August 2010
For your location you need both UHF and VHF, as channel 9 will return to VHF (amung others) after the end of the month. If your antenna pre-amp is old, I would suggest replacing it with a new high gain low noise model. You should be ok with a CM-7777. You might be able to repair your rotor if the gears are not stripped. Taking it apart, cleaning, and re-lubricating do wounders on an old rotor that has not been serviced in many years. Also, the control box has a non-polarized capacitor to control the phasing of the motor. On old rotors these capacitors dried out and stopped working. As already mentioned, the cabling should be replaced, both the signal and rotor cabling, and might be the reason of the rotor not working. I don't think you will have much luck reliably receiving WNGS, which is now WBBZ. Matbe only at times of skip. Their signal just does not travel very far into Canada. Even people in Toronto have a hard time to ocassionally receive their signal. If replacing the antenna, the Antennas Direct 91XG, along with Winegard YA-1713, with a CM-7777 preamp  should do an excellent job. I have seen this combo do a great job in Oshawa. (but does not receive WBBZ)

Hosting Services by ipHouse