The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Thursday August 11, 2011 at 13:55
goldenzrule
Loyal Member
July 2007
On August 11, 2011 at 12:29, thekog said...
Thanks for the replies gentlemen. I finally got it together. Just surprised the MX-450 is such a POS for its price point. Seriously when a remote control moves into the price range of a laptop or tablet it seems more than absurd to me, especially when it does less than a 6 year old legacy device like a pronto tsu-2000.

I guess I was mistaken - I thought MX-450 would be programmable. After all it has a USB port!

Anyway something was amiss internally from my initial foray into getting the power buttons happy. I reset the device to facotry defaults and started over, and was able to get the macros for Main power off/on to do what I want.

BTW since I was able to make the old pronto work I got it to spit out the discrete codes for directly switching inputs on the Viera TV, learned them into the MX-450, and built my proper switching controls on the menu. There are discrete codes for input switching on the Viera family Bob ;)

The sad thing is I looked on eBay and could have just purchased a NIB TSU-2000 for $70, blasted it with my existing setup w/prontoedit and been on my way.

I'm going to keep the MX-450 for now but just barely ;) Sad to see state of the art has really not improved over a 6 year old device unless you want to pay a laptop price premium...

The problem is that you bought the wrong remote. The remote is very powerful and is an excellent piece. You have zero training with the programming of this remote, and are bashing it because it doesn't work the way YOU wanted it to work. You didn't do your homework. Its really as simple as that. I could program that MX-450 to do everything you want, with proper discreets and macros in about 20 minutes. I could do it even quicker with a pc programmable remote. It's like buying a Corvette in Alaska and getting pissed that you keep getting stuck in the snow. The Corvette is a great car, but not best suited for an Alaskan winter.

Hosting Services by ipHouse