The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Wednesday August 10, 2011 at 11:23
KRAZYK
Long Time Member
October 2010
On August 9, 2011 at 19:41, irishqb said...
I have an MX-980 and an MSC-400. I am trying to determine the best order to program these in. I am using Activities and Devices as my two buttons. I know you create and program all of your IR controlled devices first. Do you also create the devices that you are going to controll by RS-232 or do you wait to create them after you have imported the remto into the MSC-400?

irishqb,

It sounds to me; judging from your previous posts that your struggling with coming to grips with your equipment!
Programming a remote and MSC-400 isn't rocket science; but it also isn't for every DIYer.
My best suggestion would be to print off all the manuals and read them over before doing anything. Then read them again to make sure you've gotten it!
When you've got a basic handle on what you are doing; follow the printed manual while you start programming! Testing as you go, as was mentioned by Duct tape.
I'm not sure what you're time is worth; but at some point hiring professional help might be in your best interest?
Although, most CI's would prefer to sell and set up all your equipment including programming.
I'm sure you can find someone to program your equipment and supply you with a wiring schematic for a reasonable fee? Just a thought!

I do commend you're patience and resolve!
Good Luck!

Karl
KRAZYK

Things you own end up owning you!

Hosting Services by ipHouse