The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday August 2, 2011 at 10:43
PBC
Long Time Member
November 2002
So I recently hooked up a new LCD with a digital tuner to my father-in-laws cottage on the North East side of Lake Scugog, and found an old preamp (amp?) in his shed and hooked that up as well. Here is a pick of the ancient antenna being used. NM .. guess you can't post pics on this thread. But it is a large azimuth (sp?) antenna.

The motor on the rotator on the antenna appears to have burnt out as it no longer works, so I'm debating whether to get a newer CM9521 for around $100 plus tax, or just buy an older model off of Kijiji/Craigslist for $50 or less. Will probably go the latter route.

I seem to get all the channels noted by TV-Fool, except for ones like 11-1 (-12.3 db), 29-1 (fox, -14 db)), 67-1, etc. which are further into the "grey" area. Even channels like 57-1 come and go (db is about -6.4 on that one according to TV-fool).

I'm curious as to whether getting an 8 bay antenna like the DB-8 would provide more channels, or if you guys think I'll get more channels with a rotator and maybe a better amp (the amp I am using must be some 25 years old, big old gray metal box)?

Also, it seems from my brief research that one would not need a rotator with a DB-8? As I guess another alternative would be the used rotator with a new DB-8?

Hosting Services by ipHouse