The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday July 29, 2011 at 08:13
smg669
Long Time Member
October 2003
I'm getting a new MX-980 and am in the process of mapping out my ideal configuration.

I'm leaning towards installing "Favs" and "Main" as my two keycaps. However, I have some concerns.

Is it possible to program the "Main" button (i.e. what is typically the "WATCH" button) to jump immediately to page 1 of my "Watch Cable" device/activity when pressed while the user is on any of the "Favs" pages?

Or is that button hard coded to jump directly to page 1 of my "Main" activities page? (i.e. the page with my "Watch Cable", "Listen to iPod", "Media Center", "Watch DVD" LCD buttons)

Ideally I would like the end user to be able to be in "watching cable" mode and hit the "Favs" button.... they mess around in there, page through the favorite presets, and then settle on a channel. Then, they hit the "Main" hard button which immediately brings them back to page 1 of the "Watch Cable" activity group (with the "page up", "page down", "A", "B", "C" etc. buttons).

If the user has to hit the Main button and then hit the "Watch Cable" LCD button (which will then fire off my "Watch Cable" macro) then I would prefer not to go this route.

Any thoughts/advice on this would be appreciated. Thanks

Hosting Services by ipHouse