The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Friday July 22, 2011 at 16:25
NEZBO
Select Member
September 2009
On July 22, 2011 at 14:36, programmergeek said...
I am an installer and do more big installs or at least that is what I sell remotes with. I interface with HAI and several home automations systems. HAI seems to be the most popular right now. A lighting solution is also nice to have. Anyhow I brought on Universal Remote and there 3000 where good but there newer line and the msc400 system controllers we just can't get to work right. Take hours to program been buggy (probably our programming) and truthfully we are losing money on it there tech support is not the best either they are fine with one issue but when a system doesn't work it is a nightmare.

Anyhow I started looking at RTI there controller has allot more triggers. That is a huge plus. There remotes are not as nice though at least from the pictures. But there pricing might be better with universal I am not direct so they don’t list me as a dealer which is a problem and you can get a better price from Amazon than I buy it for! I always feel bad selling someone it for more money.

Anyhow is RTI worth investigating? Has anyone had good luck with them? I called them up they gave me the reps number but he is away for the week?

Anyone have a favorite or is one clearly better than the other?

Also, I would bypass the msc-400 approach and go with Network remotes and base stations. Control RS-232 as well and be done with the headache of the msc-400. Just a thought
Better days are ahead
onesourceinnovation.com
Better days are ahead

Hosting Services by ipHouse