Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 28 made on Tuesday July 19, 2011 at 19:11
bcf1963
September 2004
After having lived with my iPhone 3gs for a couple years, I've learned how to work around most of the things that bug me with iTunes. But, I don't think I should have to work around them. Microsoft has them problems, bet even Windows Media Player is better than iTunes!

Whats so Bad?

iTunes (and QuickTime) are resource hogs! They load slowly, and consume lots of resources.

The incredibly lame search capabilities for the Store! Why can't I search based on a keyword, and then order my search results based on user ratings of the software?

The way it handles metadata is a joke. Even the Apple faithful admit... no way to point it to get metadata from a favorite source, for example gracenote. It is standard Apple philosophy, If it is available at the Apple store, they will have the metadata, if not, you have to go search for the metadata yourself, and add it. Why can't they just add multiple metadata sites that users can add, and search them in the order specified. Windows Media Player can do it.

Organization of Soundtracks or Multi-Artist CD's is a mess. Again, WMP has figured this out. You can fix it in iTunes, you just end up going in and associating all the songs manually. (Insert disgusted head shake here.)

iTunes refuses to support Windows Audio formats, but WMP supports nearly ever format known to man, including Apple's AAC. Forcing me to transcode much of my rips, and store them yet again, taking up more space.

Those are the things related to music, don't even get me started on books or video...

What's so great?

If you have an iPhone, you're forced to use it. Since it's a requirement, does that make it great? :-)

Every once in a while the Music Genius does come up with some nice playlists.

Hosting Services by ipHouse