Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 40 made on Thursday June 1, 2000 at 21:31
Ivan
Historic Forum Post
Mr. Marc B-C's Pronto obviously has not break down, because if it did and he would have to pay 80% of the original cost (in case you paid $300, 60% if you paid $400) plus shipping to get it repaired he would not think of someone else company's economics and structures. At that point He was quoting Jack which sell Prontos for living! Is this the case for Mr. Marc B-C too?

I do not expect to get the unit fix for free I just expect that it be priced reasonably! And I also expect not to have to go through all the nightmares people had as expressed in this forum.

Why don't you take a look at Philips support history (both hardware and software) since the Pronto came out and then reply to this message (Is everybody else who have had problems with getting their units repaired out of sync with the manufacturer’s structure and economics?). I also encourage you to read all the messages posted so far. Not you or even Mr. Jack can cover the sun with a finger in behalf of Philips!

Last thing this is not an insurance matter but a service issue to be resolve by the manufacturer (an irresponsible manufacturer that behaves like a start-up amateur)Insurance costs have gone up dramatically in the US recently because of people using it for the wrong reasons. I will go to my insurance company for an item that cannot be repaired or replace (e.g. an antique).

Respectfully!

Ivan

Hosting Services by ipHouse