Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Wednesday May 12, 1999 at 15:15
Joe
Historic Forum Post
I followed up with Philips to try to get some more information. Now I'm really disappointed.
I called their service number and spoke with Regina. She verified that even though the unit was only three days old, they would not honor the warranty. She also said they would not repair the unit. I asked for her supervisor. She transferred me to Kathy who gave me the same information. I asked if she felt it was reasonable to expect that a remote control would never be dropped. She transferred me to Kerwin. Again he told me that they would not honor the warranty on any unit that had ever been dropped. That would seem to negate the warranty on just about every unit sold. How many remote controls have never been dropped even once? I asked where this policy was written down since there was no written warranty policy either in the instruction manual or on the warranty card. He said he would get back to me on that. I am still waiting.

At this point it sounds like my only option is to take them to small claims court to try to get them to honor their warranty. How very sad that such a large company would hold their customers in such low regard that they would refuse to stand behind their product at all - even one that had only been in use for three days.

I hope that other people considering the purchase of the Pronto see this before they spend that much money on a product that needs to be trashed if anything goes wrong with it. It cannot be repaired and since the warranty is not written down, Philips decides according to their whim if they want to honor any particular claim.

How sad that a customer should have to go through this after spending that kind of money.

Joe

Hosting Services by ipHouse