Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Wednesday July 13, 2011 at 11:21
motech
August 2008
guys, system builder has to personas.

1. builds all your pages and dictates all rules

2. completely bends to your needs by not letting it build any pages for you, and you build them your self.

i right click on the controllers added, and uncheck Build pages automatically.
i then goto programming view and double click the remote to build pages. it builds nothing, but it makes the file for the remote. i then close out sb, open vt pro, and open that remote up. then i import a bunch of pages from a guifx theme i bought. i select my home page (mark page as first), save it, and go back to SB.
from there i create global macros that i assign to buttons on the home screen and on the power off screen. i also map ir / rs232 / ip codes to individual buttons on all screens.
i have the power to edit graphics really easily on any page i want via vt pro. all the pages are organized neatly in my own set of folders (Power folder for on/off, cable folder for main cable page and fav's, and misc sources folder for dvd apple tv etc).

thats a really simple system i just described, and any time i have a similar system, i open that last system i did, and just save it as a new file with a new client name .. make small adjustments and upload it for that client.

doing what i mentioned above will give you the ability to control two or more systems from one pmc2, by creating global macros for each system, mapping IR ports correctly, and creating the necessary pages on the remote ....

hope that made some sense.
again - thats a simplified version of what i do.

Hosting Services by ipHouse