Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Friday July 8, 2011 at 18:47
Ranger Home
June 2007
Old thread but pertinent. Using URC MCS-400. I can sent triggers, ie HAI1, HAI2, etc.

I can set up triggers in HAI. ie, when HAI1 is received, turn off alarm, etc. This is a correct way to do it right? Or do I HAVE to set up messages? I dont know how to send messages via URC only triggers.

Tried both ways, of course messages didnt work as I couldnt send messages from URC to Omnipro. Cant get triggers to work either. I see URC accept the commands. and I see the serial port on the OP barely blink like its accepting it, but nothing happens.

using HAI #21A05-2 going to an MSC serial/3.5mm connector that comes with the starter kit.

Set HAI to omnilink, also tried prolink. nothing seems to work. I do see in PC access under Setup/Expansion/Serial where I put on the port, baud rate, function, it shows SERIAL ADDRESS in a drop down box above the menu. have NO idea what this is. What is it? Related to my issue of no communication?

I know I need to hyper terminal into the HAI OP directly to make sure my triggers are workig but I dont have an RS2332 program on this Vista laptop to test.

Anything stand out as way wrong here?

THANKS!

Hosting Services by ipHouse