The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 179 made on Monday July 4, 2011 at 22:30
Barry Gordon
Founding Member
August 2001
I have been playing recently with Command Fusion, and I must admit I do like it.

Their GUIbuilder (GUIbuilder=PEP2) is pretty simple to get used to and offers good control for graphic placement. Buttons have 2 states (pressed and released) as we are used to and you can set those states, causing the image to change, in many ways. They have implemented Javascript and have done a decent job of interfacing it to the screen, it does take a little getting used to as it is different then what Philips did. The Guibuilder produces an XML file which describes the configuration and references the graphics and a Javascript object, and an xml file is just a text file. Think of the configuration file in the xcf.

They have provided an object called CF which is used to interface to the configuration and manipulate it much in the same manner as the Philips object extensions they had for the same purpose. Terminology is IMHO a bit obtuse. For example they refer to a "Join" which can be thought of as the "Id" of an object, where in pronto you assigned a prontoscript tag.

I have given some thought to writing an xcf to gui converter but I first have to get more familiar with what they (CommandFusion) have done. It would not do a 100% conversion but would provide a leg up in porting a Pronto PRO configuration. My initial thought was to place an image of the 9800 right on the iPAD screen so all the buttons would be there with the screen area at the correct size. That would solve all of the graphic scaling issues and provide soft versions of the physical buttons. Probably also put out a list of all Javascript references that are on the buttons and pull all the Javascript code into a single module so that th user could rewrite it. Don't think it is worth the effort to do a 100% conversion.

They (CommandFusion) are planning on writing more viewers. The viewer they have now runs on the iPAD and is driven by the xml file out of the GUIbuilder. They do plan to do an android based viewer that would take the same file. Once again graphic scaling may be an issue.

Hosting Services by ipHouse