The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday June 24, 2011 at 22:39
SignatureSV
Loyal Member
July 2009
i am clearing out a custom AV cabinet to install two slide out Racks. the total height of the opening is 21 1/4 high. with slide out rack mechanism & 12u rack is right around 26 1/2 inches high. The cabinet of course wasn't built originally to accommodate the height of a rack. Have any of you cut the sides and replaced the top's to accommodate situations like this, im sure its not that uncommon. Any tips or insite on cutting them?

Due to the height of the opening and equipment/cooling the equipment will have to be spread between the two racks, there is a center "colum" that allows the doors to mount to. Because the equipment has to be split between the two racks how can i do the service so when one rack is out its not yanking on the other racks equipment. Do i put the service loops in between the racks so one can be pulled out (or both) without stress?

TIA

BTW: it is impossible to remotely locate equipment. I have calculated with cooling I can fit 2x 3312AVR's 2x DTV receivers 2x PS3's 3x P-AMP's 1xPMC3 & small networking gear. This is going to 2 very packed racks
The Bitterness of Poor Quality is Remembered Long after the Sweetness of Price is Forgotten! - Benjamin Franklin

Hosting Services by ipHouse