The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Thursday June 23, 2011 at 20:09
wormywyrm
Lurking Member
June 2011
Hi! I am looking for what I thought would be a basic remote control but now I am seeing that most of the ones out there are not this at all.

I have a TV and DVD player which I would like the remote control to control. They are pretty standard stuff by sony and most universal remotes can program to them. I also have a laptop hooked to the TV. I use this laptop on a daily basis to watch youtube and hulu. Also I use it to play music via google music.

So as you can see, I don't really use my PC with windows media center or any other program that these remotes seem to be built for. What I really need is a remote that has a good working mouse and on-screen keyboard software (or maybe a tiny keyboard like my phone has). Keys that I can program to open .exe's on my computer would be a plus. It must also work to turn my tv on and off and control the TVs volume.

Any suggestions? I don't care if its IR or whatever, but I'll need it to come with a receiver for my laptop. Something cheap is preferable because I am going to get one for both my living room TV/laptop and my bedroom computer.

Hosting Services by ipHouse