Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Thursday June 23, 2011 at 09:47
dcci
Long Time Member
November 2003
Wanted to circle back on this, in case anyone's interested. Quickly:

1) Original problem (standard Tosh codes not working with anything but line of sight IR) fixed by me finding the actual location of the IR sensor (which was not where the manual said it was, but it was a dumb mistake by me regardless). With an emitter properly located over the IR sensor, all previous Tosh TV commands work fine.

2) But - the IR jack on the TV never worked properly at the client site. And the IR jacks on last year's Tosh TV's worked just fine with standard mono 3.5mm connections. I complained and asked Toshiba for help, but never got any. Instead, our distributor was willing to open another 55TL515, and allow me to test.

Bottom line: there's something funky with the IR jack on the TL515. When an emitter was used, all commands executed just fine. When the same port on the MRZ was used with a 3.5mm patch cord to the IR jack on the TV, none of the same commands worked.

It is my belief that this is re-badged LG TV. I know from experience that the IR jacks on LG's require this Audioplex piece ([Link: audioplex.com]) in order to work. We have an install coming up with another 55TL515 - I plan on having the Audioplex RC-LGI with me to test.

Bottom line: on two different TV's, with completely different control systems and several different 3.5mm mono patch cords used, the IR jack on the current Toshiba TV's do not work with standard 3.5mm mono components.

Hosting Services by ipHouse