Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Sunday June 19, 2011 at 15:34
rgatamaneni
Lurking Member
June 2011
Hi mak99,
I have been using a URC MX500 and have been extremely happy with it. I just bought a Harmony 1100 just because of the look and feel and thought it would have more advanced features but I am very disappointed.

I like the activities concept but don't like some of the default behavious of the activities. I have an activity called watch DVD that does normal stuff like turn on AVR, projector, DVD player, set correct inputs etc and also dims the lights controlled by X10. While watching a movie, I would like to enable a sequence of commands (from 2 devices) to pause the dvd turn the lights on, after the break, I want to execute another sequence of commands to dim the lights, turn off lights completely and restart playing the DVD. While I am able to do that on my URC MX500 that is 6 years old using 3 different macros, I don't know how to do it using the harmony 1100. Inside the watch DVD activity, I cannot call another activity of program a button called "pause DVD" that brings on the lights and pauses the DVD. I could have another activity called "pause DVD" but execute that activity, but I cannot go back to watch DVD again without the remote reexecuting all the watch DVD sequence of commands.
How did you program the sidebar buttons ? DO you just have asingle command or multiple commands for the button ? If it is multiple commands, is it more than one device in the list of commands ?
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Hosting Services by ipHouse