The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Wednesday June 15, 2011 at 12:13
KRAZYK
Long Time Member
October 2010
On June 15, 2011 at 10:38, Ernie Bornn-Gilman said...
Why are you limiting your options to either/or? It could be poor design AND bad Karma!

That said, your remote should have the USB port in the best possible condition since you realized at the beginning that the design was flaky and you therefore carefully protected the connection.

And, here's the old standard song again: what do you do for a living? Is this another case of someone who is not a dealer for URC, having a problem with URC? It's not intended for programming by end users.

Ernie,

You're probable right about poor design and Karma. :)

And the USB port is still in the best possible condition; unfortunately it is still attached to the cable and not the remote!

As for what I do for a living. Thanks for asking!

Aside from making poor purchasing decisions!!!!LOL
I work for Michael Jordan Motorsports as a race engineer.
www.23race.com/
Away from the track I'm involved in the designing and building of our wiring harness's for both data acquisition and engine management systems. All built with Auto-sport Millspec connectors. At the track I work with our other engineer's and the related software regarding the above mentioned systems.

Although I no longer work in the trade; I'm also a licensed Master Electrician in Ontario, Canada. I've worked on some large projects doing the conduit and cable pulling for you guys. I've even worked on a few theater projects in Toronto when there was a large theatre update in the late 90's and early 2000's.

No I am not a dealer with URC and I'm not upset with them in anyway.
Ernie, CCP can be given to end user's for programming. I find it less complicated then what I work with day in and day out in the racing industry!

My dealer supplied me the CCP software and turned out to be flaky regarding a defective R-972 Sherwood Newcastle receiver that I purchased through him.
Let's just say he didn't come through in the past and I don't expect him to this time either. I have e-mailed him about my problem! We'll see if he does anything about it!

I think the MX-5000 USB port is fine if you only plan on programming it a few times. It's held down with a couple of solder points. Guys like me who are constantly tweaking are probable not what this remote was intended for.
Now if they could just put in an Autosport Millspec. connector like our Superbike download cable............LOL
KRAZYK

Things you own end up owning you!

Hosting Services by ipHouse