The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 51 made on Tuesday June 14, 2011 at 17:26
Ernie Bornn-Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On June 4, 2011 at 13:43, motech said...
The pmc3 is way more powerful then an xp6. Lots more drivers/modules available for crestron as well.

RTI still doesn't have iOS apps or android apps.
Still a long way behind. I lost faith in RTI long ago.

I've read two of your replies and I've wondered why you suggest this. In my original post I said the guy has an Integra receiver, two sources, and a TV. He bought it all himself. Since then I've clarified model numbers. It should be obvious that even if, somehow, Crestron were the best choice for this, the price is prohibitive. He joked about his heart getting restarted after seeing the price for the installation. (To his credit, he's an attorney and he said they had a hard time restarting it because it's so hard to find an attorney's heart.) This is the guy for whom you supply the least expensive remote system that is rock solid -- so I'll use the MRF350, not the 260 -- and hand=held that can give him a Favorites list.

Going beyond that in capability is just not helpful to this discussion. I know, I know, I always tell people to be sure to back up one step to be sure that they've chosen the right approach before they ask us how to do it, but for this guy, it's this:

Remote control, one way, with RF to main unit. Period.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse