The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Thursday June 9, 2011 at 10:29
squareeyes
Long Time Member
February 2007
If you're used to the wand-style 880 then you may be disappointed with the ergonomics of the 1100. Coming from a 880 I would opt for the 900.
A few differences between the 880 and the newer remotes:
-There are no sequence programming available in the 1100 and 900. If you had programmed any of your buttons w/in an activity with a macro [sequence], you will not be able to carry that functionality over to those two newer models. You can still add a series of commands to the start and end of each activity though.
-You can add different commands to the 1100 and 900 touchscreens and label them with different icons from a set provided by the Harmony software.
-The 1100 sometimes requires two-handed operation as you look down at the screen to see if you're pressing correct 'buttons'. The 900's ergonomic hard buttons facilitate one-handed operation and the buttons are different shapes so that after awhile my thumb 'remembered' the layout without having to look down.
-All the remotes support favorite icons with the 900 screen looking a bit higher in resolution than the 1100.
-The 900 comes with a RF blaster and mini-blaster in the package. The 1100 RF blaster is sold separately, although I've seen some good deals on both via different online retailers.
Hope that helps.
,R
randall c
your source for harmony remote icons: www.iconharmony.com
follow icon updates & av news at [Link: twitter.com] & [Link: facebook.com]

Hosting Services by ipHouse