Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 22 made on Friday June 3, 2011 at 09:49
longshot16
November 2009
On June 3, 2011 at 09:41, FreddyFreeloader said...
I like URC, but only because I feel that I have mastered it. It has been an open architecture product that has seemed easy to master, albeit labor-some, but I was used to that coming from Pronto.

I'd be more willing to try the others if I had more time.

Prodigy was fine, but back when I tried it, their database was so pathetic you had to know System Builder and everything else... so I might as well have started practicing SIMPL. Didn't have time. Have been very busy if it means anything.

RTI remotes look nice and rugged on the outside AND THEY HAVE AN ALL-WEATHER. RTI might be cool/great but I feel it would take alot of work to get back to this point and I don't like having anything out there that isn't done to it's fullest potential.

Thread jack in progress ;)
Freddy I agree with you on all point regarding Prodigy. Database should not even be called a database, it is useless. All programmers I know create their own file and build their own databases (using yahoo groups and tested modules). I tried the system builder crap for a while and gave up, it too is useless. I went to Simpl training to get my feet wet and went on to hire a CAIP. I have never felt more free in my life.

I know they get a bad wrap from non-dealers but C4 is also a very good choice. Price points get very very close to a standard URC system and they have scalability.

Ernie,
the choices should read URC, C4, or Prodigy. I am not bashing RTI just stating my opinion.
The Unicorn Whisperer

Hosting Services by ipHouse