Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 13 made on Friday June 3, 2011 at 00:20
Ernie Bornn-Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On June 2, 2011 at 23:24, Fins said...
The mx5000 is an rf remote that is slap wifi capable.

Cool! What's "slap wifi" ?

On June 2, 2011 at 23:28, razking said...
Sonos is ip only and dlna at that. I took a look at the open src crestron module and it's a mass of http commands. Building sonos control only makes sense IMHO you can monetize it or you just love a challenge (and have a sugar daddy or no mortgage).

I call these "research projects" or "art projects." I only was able to do them when I was on salary and the boss wanted it.

Switching apps on an iWhatever isn't really a pro-solution, or am I wrong? Do customers tolerate something like that?

huh? You mean does the family have to wait until the husband comes home from work and takes his phone out of his pocket to be able to use the Sonos? Actually, is that example flawed or really how it would work? Could you control it from any one of, say, three controllers, that is, iThings?

Sorry - bit of a hijack, on a re-read. Not so sorry as to delete ;-)

I don't think so. You added quite a bit to the info here. Thanks. One reason people seem to think I'm so smart is that I read extra seemingly extraneous stuff like this. Then when the sh*t hits the fan, I'll know from my overindulgent reading on fan blades just what direction in which to duck. Always overlearn. If you only know enough to follow one procedure to make it work, you're a cable installer. Doesn't that just say it all, now?
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse