The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Tuesday May 31, 2011 at 15:24
Br0nyraur
Lurking Member
May 2011
I currently own a Philips TSU3000 which works but will not connect up to XP-SP3 all of a sudden(unknown device). I bought a Harmony 1100. Big mistake. CNET gushed over it. Apparently they did not do a thorough investigation. I made 2 pages of Activities;fine. On the 3rd page, the activities displayed were offset. The 4th page, they were ridiculously offset. Yet they worked if you touched them. You just did not know what you were doing. A second bug. If you set the backlight to low and put the unit on to charge, as soon as you take it off, the 1100 resets itself back to about 50%. You have to go and reset it deliberately to low after charging. After frustrating emails with Logitech, they accused me of buying off Ebay as a third party which voided any warranty even after I uploaded the sales slip. Be very careful of the 1100. I got an exchange at the store I bought it. If this does the same thing, it is the Prius with floormats. OS=WIN7-SP1
Logitech Software=7.70(upgrade).You get 7.5 in the kit. My motherboard has USB3.0. Nevertheless, the remote worked, but you could not see the Activities after page2 without the offset problem. The software could not find all my devices. Blu-Ray is DVD2 and there I found a Sony DVD with the exact same codes. This sounds like chip problems in the device. Note that Logitech has not got the 1100 for warranties on their Website. Hmmmm! They do for the 1000. Yet I'm still using my TSU3000 until someone knows what is with the "unknown device error" that just mysteriously popped-up. Anyway I have an exchange unit and maybe I will get lucky. Sorry I cannot help with RF extenders. I live in an apartment. You can see IR being the choice.

Hosting Services by ipHouse