The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Friday May 20, 2011 at 05:14
SimonO
Long Time Member
January 2003
On May 17, 2011 at 12:37, Barry Gordon said...
Given any of the long codes they can be hand converted to the short code if you can read hex as all is shown using hex notation.

In the short notation:

The first word 900A indicates that the code is a Nec formatted code.

The second word is related to the frequency of the IR carrier by a slightly obtuse algorithm. Needless to say it should be the same value as in the long version. If needed I have the formula that provides the correct value knowing the IR carrier frequency.

The third word is the count of how many items follow. An item consists of a value for the device or customer code followed by a value for the key code. The customer code in the case of the Dune players is 00BF (191 decimal). The key code is always 8 bits long and the true and complimented values are used in the protocol. The first byte is the key code and the second byte is its compliment.

A complete discussion of the long format and in particular the NEC code is in a paper I wrote that is in the files section. Given that paper and what I have stated above, conversion of long format to short is not too hard. If the mfg states that the protocol is NEC and gives the device and key codes in hex or decimal along with the IR frequency then bulding the complete set of short codes is relatively easy.

Thanks for the info Barry, I'll read through your doc.

Lyndel, your codes were correct. Many thanks!

Hosting Services by ipHouse