The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Saturday May 7, 2011 at 09:59
xirion
Lurking Member
May 2011
I've been playing around with RS-232 control on a LG 42LE8500 tv and it works like a charm. All mentioned remote codes and commands work as described by the manual.

However, I got curious as to whether there were some undocumented codes which would allow some more control... Instead of just reading values from the tv I accidentally wrote values using the following commands (device id=1):

ab 1 01\r
ac 1 01\r
af 1 01\r

(_don't_ do this!!)

The commands ab, ac and af are undocumented in the manual but affect things like bluetooth functionality, availability of particular inputs (when selecting a source) and probably more..

By trial and error I was able to get most functionality back to normal, but I'm looking for a way to _really_ reset the tv to factory defaults. The menu option "factory reset" doesn't affect mentioned settings and unplugging from mains / firmware update didn't help either.

Does anybody know a way to restore these settings (if needed via RS-232)?

Or could somebody provide me with the initial values for ab,ac,af commands (on LG 42LE8500 or similar)?

They can be found by executing (again device id=1):

ab 1 FF\r
ac 1 FF\r
af 1 FF\r

responses are of the form:

b 00 OKe61ex

above case is the response for the ab command and shows a current value of e61e (16bit value)

Any help is appreciated, regards

Martin

Hosting Services by ipHouse