The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Monday April 4, 2011 at 18:54
amirm
Advanced Member
December 2008
On April 4, 2011 at 18:01, edizzle said...
amir, it is interesting that you have crestron in your home but chose amx to sell. any reason in particular? just being nosy!

Good question actually :).

My use of Crestron predates creation of Madrona Digital. Indeed, it was that work that taught me something about this business and created the interest to start the company. We were building our vacation/retirement house 3 years ago and I decided to go that way.

That said, I also knew what I didn't know :). So instead of starting from scratch and making a bunch of mistakes starting this business, our company was started with a merger with another small company which had just formed. That group while also experienced with Crestron in the past, had standardized on HomeLogic/Elan and AMX as the mid and high-tier solutions. I looked at both, and saw the value in them and hence, didn't push my person solution over that.

A few months later, we were called in to expand a very large and poorly done Crestron installation. Having been very impressed with the vision of Crestron for series 3 software development, we decided to also sign up and do that job with Crestron rather than switching it out for AMX. We have received very good support from our local Crestron people so I am gradually getting the staff trained on Crestron.

Meanwhile, my own house has Crestron light and control, all of which I designed and programmed. We use iPads at work with HomeLogic which is dead easy and no brainer. But I don't have anyone to tun to on iPad for Crestron. And hence this thread.

If Crestron delivers on series 3 programming environment, we might push harder in that direction. Right now, it is on a per job basis.
Amir
Founder, Madrona Digital, http://madronadigital.com
Founder, Audio Science Review, http://audiosciencereview.com

Hosting Services by ipHouse