The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Thursday March 31, 2011 at 12:54
cpchillin
Select Member
September 2007
So I'll be the evil guy here and say that they should charge more for the people that use more bandwidth. My Grandmother sends me 10 forwarded emails a day and that's the only time she's on the internet. Should her bill go up because the guy next door streams music and movies all the time? Bandwidth cost money. As much as I hate a lot of the cable providers they do need to make money in order to expand their products and offerings. It's the same as on the cellular side. Streaming content is KILLING bandwidth. I say make a plan for $40 that either has a soft data cap w/expensive overage fees and a hard cap. Then have a $100 plan that has a higher soft cap with not as expensive overages fees and a hard cap. Then have a $200 plan with no limits. There's also all kinds of other things they can do. ISP's can throttle speed and limit downloads based on usage so why not bill it differently as well.
Who says you can't put 61" plasmas up on cantilever mounts using toggle bolts? <---Thanks Ernie ;)

Hosting Services by ipHouse