Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Thursday March 24, 2011 at 03:29
gwstudios
June 2004
cgav, I have the green light to put up the working iPhone demo template for download. Like I said before, it's nothing fancy, but it would allow anyone to do some real world testing right out of the gate without having to invest in purchasing templates.

Tea, I do realize the template package may not be for everyone. I based the pricing around templates that are available for other control systems and I appreciate the compliments, by the way. I am not very familiar with Control4, so I can't comment on the ease of programming, but that is what turned me on to BitWise. The fact that I was able to do this in a short amount of time is what took all of about 10 seconds for me to decide to swap out my AMX system.

I had the BC4X1 sitting in the middle of the floor and plugged into my router, I plugged in some emitters and starting working with the software to see how quickly I could get something to happen from my iPad. In about ten minutes time, I had used codes from the database to populate my DirecTV page and uploaded the project to the processor and sent it off to the iPad.

To my amazement, it worked perfectly. That's when I pulled the plug on the NI-700 and decided to program the rest of my system. I do like the fact you can use as many devices as you want on a single processor. I went on to set up a couple iPod touches and saved the project on my notebook as an HTML project. When the iPad has gone AWOL and I am working, I simply use the browser to control the system instead.

When you compare the cost of an entry level iPad and the BC4X1 to just the price of some of the high end remotes from RTI and URC without an extender, it's a bargain in my opinion.

Hosting Services by ipHouse