The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Sunday February 13, 2011 at 14:11
jbroses
Lurking Member
October 2002
So I recently bought a Win7 64 bit machine, and the only thing missing is the ability to update my Pronto Neo remote (no serial port).

I bought this Sabrent USB-to-serial cable, based on reports that people had luck with the Prolific PL2303HX chipset (which I believe it uses):
[Link: cgi.ebay.com]
[Link: sabrent.com] (model sbt-usc1m)

However, the packaged drivers didn't work. Nor did the drivers off Prolific's website (which, by the way, is sometimes up, sometimes down):
[Link: prolific.com.tw]

However, THIS driver did work:
[Link: usglobalsat.com]

So the device installs properly on my machine (no yellow exclamation point, and "Prolific USB-to-Serial Comm Port (COM3)" appears in the device manager), but when I try to use Neo Edit to upload the configuration, I get this message:

Error 0070: segger-module: initialization failed!

This is after "Checking connected device" appears briefly, and "Uploading" appears for a LONG time.

I've properly configured Neo Edit to use COM3, and used all the port settings detailed in the FAQ (9600 bps, 8 data bits, no parity, 1 stop bit, Xon / Xoff flow control). I also tried disabling FIFO buffers (under Advanced options) and tried using lower buffers.

Any ideas on what I can do here? Not anxious to start trying all kinds of different USB to serial adapters, but really need the ability to restore my remote if something catastrophic happens. Since I no longer have my old computer, I don't want to hard reset the device, as I'd have no way to put my configuration back on it.

Ideally, would love to know someone's exact configuration where they have this working.

Any help is appreciated!

Hosting Services by ipHouse