The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 28 made on Saturday February 5, 2011 at 22:41
nomad8201
Long Time Member
March 2005
On January 20, 2009 at 22:56, Daniel Tonks said...
Well, you could potentially save learning up to 37 keys out of 85 total, but there's three things that could negate the time savings somewhat: finding the correct code; having to potentially delete "longer" preset labels before inputting your own; and having to potentially "hide" unused preset keys if the database ends up using more LCD buttons than your device requires.

My final strategy would invove a combination of database codes and learned codes anyways, especially for devices such as my Marantz receiver which (due to toggle bits) has always responded better to URC's database codes.

Also it takes a VERY LONG TIME to completely label/learn all of the LCD keys by scratch, so I really wouldn't recommend doing this unless you absolutely must have everything in a specific place - whether you start off using the database or not.

I actually came up with an Excel planner that helps you plan out LCD button positions and labels if anyone is interested.

I would like to have a copy of your R50 Excel planner. I did not see it in the files section...Thanks in advance...

Hosting Services by ipHouse