The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday February 4, 2011 at 16:54
diezzler
Lurking Member
February 2011
Hi forum, I am new to the site, but am not new to programming.
I've searched the internet for days and many hours trying to find the answers to my questions, but haven't been able to find the solution.
I wanted to see if anyone could explain IR transmission a bit more in depth to me, and wanted to see if anyone could recommend any particular programs or software to achieve what I am trying to do.

1)Basically If I learn an IR code via IR blaster through a receiver (say a pronto receiver, control 4 unit, AMX unit, etc) I will get a hexadecimal code that represents a command to the particular device it will control. Now this code will control the unit if the "remote/unit" (that learned the code) transmits the code back via a IR emitter/blaster. If I cut out the IR Emitter/Receiver in the equation and connect the "remote/unit" (that learned the code) directly to the device via the 3.5mm control ports, in theory it should control the device.

2)What i don't understand is how exactly do I modify the code to get ride of the carrier code so that the device will understand the string via hard wired?

3)Do I have to convert the hexadecimal code to base 10 then modify the sum of the string and reconvert it back to hexadecimal code?

4)Is there a specific way to do this? Say maybe a program?

5)Is the code that carries out the function the same in both situations, just that there is a carrier code attached to it when using IR?

6)Do all devices (that are in the same freq) carry the same carrier code that can be dropped, and/or do certain brands have specific ways of achieving this?

Thank you in advance for all your tips and suggestions. And most importantly, thank you for taking the time to explain this to me.

Cliff

Hosting Services by ipHouse