The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 127 made on Thursday January 27, 2011 at 01:22
knuckle2
Lurking Member
January 2011
I just wanted to say thanks to whoever help me out..Just like everyone else I bought a Kenwood VR-405 on ebay cheap,had no remote,but i have another kenwood that doesnt work but had the remote a RC-R0709,and i tried it and it worked for about 15 minutes,then stopped.i contacted kenwood they told me needed the correct remote rc-r0509.so i found one on ebay,today was hard to find,anyway put batteries in it same damm thing about 15 minutes and stopped,of course went to kenwood site owners manual online support says something about a four-digit code for remote or reset microprocessor,did that nothing...so..about to throw it acroos the room and punch the reciever i decided to google search for the 4 digit code stumbled here..seen where someone said to tap the bezel faceplate on front of the reciever,remote will work,i thought to myself,"ya right" so..for sh@ts and grins,i tried it took 3 taps each one alittle harder, and "by god.." it worked..so..i put batteries into the other remote the rc-ro709 and it works 2..what are the odds...you guys are f@@kin the best man..seriously,glad i didnt smash them..now i gonna try to find the pictures of the soldier pins to fix..once more people thanks alot man....

Hosting Services by ipHouse