The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Tuesday January 25, 2011 at 21:22
KVH
Advanced Member
December 2006
On December 31, 2010 at 00:01, Fiasco said...
Have you actually used an iPad or iPhone for a remote for more then 20 seconds?

You listed a bunch of non-existent issues.

We have been iPhone/iPad only for remote control for over a year and would never go back. I'm biased but my wife isn't and she would never go back either.

So when your iphone and ipad leave the room what do you use? (very relevant)

When you do have one or both available, do you leave them on and never put them to sleep? (also relevant) Because if you do let them go to sleep, you then have to press the home button, enter your password (if setup this way) then select the app you want. wait for the app to open, now use it. That sequence (if applicable) are long delays just to use the device and should be thought of before choosing an i device to be the sole control for a system. If that is not a concern, then more power to you.

If you never take your iphone and or ipad from the room, then this senario works for you. Some/most people when they leave a room or the house they can and will take their iphone or ipad with them leaving no control for the system.

These senarios should be considered before choosing an i device to be the only control.

Oh, and no I've never used one for a control longer than 20 seconds because I have a MX-980 sitting next to me that has less than a second wake up delay.
I do however use it to control my itunes when I'm either in the house or outside on the deck.
All high's, all low's, it must be.......
Einstein @ URC Control Room forum
www.einsteinaudiosystems.com

Hosting Services by ipHouse