Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Wednesday January 19, 2011 at 19:43
ianrob
Long Time Member
June 2008
Hi rjayeh!

Aircon remotes can be tricky. They generally send very long IR strings that contain all the information that's currently on the remote's LCD display, such as the set temperature, mode (heat, cool or auto) fan speed, time, delay start info etc. etc.

So the On/Off key will send a different code depending on whether you are actually switching it on or off, and the ON code will contain all these settings. So maybe your code is really an OFF code which you are expecting to turn the A/C on.

It's also possible that you have only sampled the header portion and there is more to it than what you have. Can you tell your software not to crop the repeat part, i.e. record several iterations? (I don't use the Pronto software so I don't know.)

Another possibility is that, because the inter-code gap is very short, the 2nd iteration of the code should not play the AGC block, but your C4 remote firmware doesn't know this.

I've had a good look at your code and it doesn't match anything in our library. What brand/type of aircon is it?

Hosting Services by ipHouse