Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Monday January 17, 2011 at 02:15
sofa_king_CI
June 2009
On January 16, 2011 at 21:06, mrtristan said...
This is the way I thought it could be done but talking to tech support lead me to believe that the current dimmers are not three way compatible. If you can confirm that you've installed the current keypads to work in three way configuration, I might go ahead and order some current devices rather than ordering the new EX models that are not shipping yet. I was told you can't mix the two different RF types in the same system

I don't think you are reading or understanding how it works. The dimmer isn't a 3-way dimmer, but you don't need one. Basically the dimmer gets put in the master dimmer location and becomes teh ONLY  load control for the lighting load. The keypad gets put in the slave postition for power and you program it to do whatever you want, including Lights On/Off . 

The reason for a 3-way is to be able to turn the lights on/off from 2 different locations. The dimmer is location 1 and the keypad location 2. When you press Lights ON, on teh keypad, it's really just sending a command to the dimmer telling it to turn on.

Yes you can mix the 2 system, but you have to have a MNET Gateway for the RF models.
do wino hue?

Hosting Services by ipHouse