The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 15 made on Thursday January 13, 2011 at 05:34
Keystone Technologies
Lurking Member
July 2010
On November 15, 2010 at 22:24, rjbradlow said...
I don't know why, but we switched to using IR for the 48 some time ago and I have not inquired as to the reasoning yet, but would imagine it's because BOSE may have dropped support for the serial data port. I don't know.
>> Experiment with the serial port at your risk. <<
I will have to switch over to Windows (from Linux) to see what I have in my DB (that only runs in Winblows).

I may post what I have later but it probably won't be of any use to most people here.

Yes > For IR: Page 60 of the Owners Guide...
In the System Menu; select Remote Control and turn ON IR Commands.
"IR Control: Can change to allow (Teach) another remote to control the system using IR commands (On)."

You could teach a Pronto I suppose; I've never tried it from the Bose since I already have what I need for use with Crestron systems.

Use an IR emitter* - otherwise use the same cable described below which should apply to all BOSE models Serial Data ports [AFAIK].
*www.xantech.com/Infrared/Infrared/IREmitters/
*www.crestron.com/products/show_products.asp

Bose Serial Cable

Bose updated the os software of the system with the result that some of the keypress commands are not working anymore. Example volume up works, volume down don't. The focus of Bose was never to let third parties control their systems. The serial port was originally implemented as a port for service and in production programming. The best way to control their systems is IR as serial commands are sometimes wiped out at upgrading the os system software.

Hosting Services by ipHouse