Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Wednesday January 12, 2011 at 11:36
lowres
Long Time Member
December 2002
Hi All

Been a long time since I posted here, having previously been using a Philips Pronto, I change to a Harmony 555 about 2 years ago and never looked back as it has been so simple to get working, not as powerful as my Pronto from a setup point of view but I've managed to get everything working as I want so I've been happy.

SO happy in fact that I also purchased one for my parents to use with their home setup!

Now, my brother is interested in getting a harmony to ease the remote control situation, I was going to recommend the 555 but to my disappointment I have found that it's no longer available and the replacements at the same price point, the 600 and the 650 can only control 5 devices - the 555 can control 15!

I realise that the more expensive models can control more but I do feel it's a shame that Logitech have decided to cut the lower budget models back so much as it makes them of little use to someone with a few pieces of kit!

Can anyone suggets any decent alternatives, or should I suggets to my brother to go for eiter a second hand 555 if he can find one, or pay the now inflated price for one on ebay?

Last edited by lowres on January 12, 2011 11:52.

Hosting Services by ipHouse