The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Wednesday January 12, 2011 at 09:01
Mathazar
Lurking Member
April 2003
I've run into an annoying problem I'm hoping someone can help me with. I have had 5 remotes (four MX700 and an MX800) controlling various rigs in my home for years. I added a HTPC to our family room a while back and have been using a Gyration Air Mouse to control the XBMC interface on top of Windows 7 for access to stored movies and TV shows. This week I decided try to get the MX700 working with it so the family doesn't need to use the Air Mouse in addition to the MX700 on the HTPC.

I got a Rosewill MCE remote with IR to USB converter from Newegg.com. Works as advertised - it controls everything in MCE and XBMC just fine. I had the MX700 learn the MCE remote's commands and now the MX700 works with the HTPC....somewhat.

Each button I've had the MX700 learn works. However, it works for only 1 button press. For example, when attempting to scroll down a list of movies to watch, I press the Down button the MX700 remote and the selection on the screen advances down one item. I press the Down button on the remote again to advance to the next movie, but nothing happens. I press the Up button on the MX700 remote and the selection on the screen advances up one item, but subsequent Up button presses do nothing. I can advance up or down multiple items only by doing this (example for Down):

1 - Press Down
2 - Press Left
3 - Press Right
4 - Press Down
5 - Repeat 1-4 over and over to scroll down the whole list

With hundreds of movies to scroll through, this obviously isn't going to work well. It's not just scrolling movies - navigation within setup menus, onscreen transport controls, etc. do the same thing.

Again, the Rosewill MCE remote scrolls and works just fine - if I hold the MCE remote down button down, it advances thru the list in a very rapid scroll (same hold-button-down action on the MX700 advances only one item and stops). I have to believe the MX700 learned "correctly" given that the command I give it (Up, Down, Left, etc. etc.) actually does work, but it works only "once" until you hit a different button and go back.

I tried all 4 of my MX700's and my MX800, and all do the same. Does anyone know what is happening here and how to correct it?

Thanx,
Kris

Hosting Services by ipHouse