The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Tuesday January 4, 2011 at 17:47
johnsfine
IR Expert
September 2002
On January 1, 2011 at 22:58, xenton said...
I put a learned code through decode CCF and it was telling me that the protocol was RC5 device ID 12

Are you sure that was device ID 12, not function 12?

If it was device ID 12, what function number was decoded by decodeCCF and what function was it?

If it was the power toggle signal (in rc5, almost always function number 12) what device ID was it?

On January 4, 2011 at 17:14, xenton said...
Just another quick thought: would it be possible to generate all possible device codes from one of the learnt codes from the actual remote and try all those?

It is very easy with MakeHex to generate all possible function codes for one device ID of RC5 protocol.

A typical device would have the same protocol (such as RC5) and same device ID for all its commands and different function numbers for each command.

When using MakeHex to create all 128 possible function codes for one RC5 device ID, there are a variety of possible automated methods for building a CCF file containing those codes on 128 numbered buttons for testing. The Hex2CCF program is one of the simpler command line methods.

I haven't looked at the current status of GUI tools connected to MakeHex, so there may be even easier ways to get the results into a CCF file than there were when I last did such things.

Warning: Some stupid manufacturer of TV's once built in a command to erase the firmware of the TV (making the TV useless) upon receipt of a specific RC5 function code that could not be generated by the original remote, but was included in the set of codes generated by MakeHex (and was also an ordinary command on the remote of a similar TV from a different manufacturer). I don't think Hitachi is doing anything that stupid in their TV's, but my advice on how to use MakeHex should not be considered as indicating that I am certain Hitachi has not built in something that stupid.

BTW, the NEC1 codes you linked in the first post are ordinary Hitachi TV codes. An RC5 code is not. If you really learned the Hitachi remote TV button you thought you learned and DecodeCCF decoded it the way you said (you read the output of DecodeCCF correctly) then I suspect Hitachi put their brand name on a TV that was designed for a different brand.

Last edited by johnsfine on January 4, 2011 18:08.

Hosting Services by ipHouse