Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday January 4, 2011 at 12:42
SoundGallery
Long Time Member
May 2009
Hi All,

I have been having some problems with controlling an Aquavision 26" via RS232 with RTI, and was hoping someone might be able to help.

First off, I know the commands I am trying to send are correct, and know they are getting to the TV in the en-suite.

When connecting my laptop to the TV using TerraTerm I can turn the tv on and off with commands, POWR00 & POWR01.

When connecting my laptop at the TV I read the correct commands coming from my RTI XP-8.

Yet put the two together and nothing.

So I connected my laptop to the TV and tried again with TerraTerm and everything works fine. So I decided to use some of my other control software to check they all work. They do not. I tried Commaster, 232Anaylzer and Docklight, none work. Whenever I send a code I get a partial echo of what I sent before, "PW1" PR0" etc.

I tried putting in a character delay, nothing. I know TerraTerm includes a null command at the end, which I put in and still nothing.

I then realised I had a 40" AquaVision in stock and tried that on site. Everything works fine ! So I got a replacement believing the unit I had was faulty, and still the same bloody problem with the new unit.

I am really really baffled at the moment, I can't believe I have two faulty units yet the 40" works ? All my other equipment is being controlled fine via RS232 on this site, I tried a second RTI XP-8 and still no luck. Aquavision are not really help at all and my RTI help has reached an end point as when I tried with the 40" everything worked so we all believed a faulty TV.

Please oh please someone shed some light on this. Why does TerraTerm control the TV but no other programs can?

Any absolutely ANY ideas welcome here.

Hosting Services by ipHouse