The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Saturday January 1, 2011 at 02:40
JimInNJ
Long Time Member
February 2010
Actually, unless your Locals are on 110 or 119, the remaining birds are clustered between 99 and 103. Most DTV Techs will want a few degrees more to allow for tree growth, so that they don't get hit with a chargeback/callback because a tree grew into the LOS. For runs over 175'-200' you really want copper RG11. Be aware that 'trenching' generally means dropping the cable into the space behind the shovel when tipping it forward, about 3" below the ground.

Good Luck!

On December 31, 2010 at 22:32, Hasbeen said...
 Unless you're using direct burial line, then yes I'd use the grey pvc conduit.  DirecTV techs charge 1.25 per foot to trench (2 years ago pricing). That doesn;t include conduit.  I charge my hourly rate + per foot.  

What you described in your post definitely sounds like a line of site issue to me...In my location (midwest) When standing behind the dish, the HD signal is very low and to the right of the dish (that's why you have to skew the dish)....the HD dishes need a very wide berth.  I'd bet dollars to donuts, that they have line of site for 101 satellite, and they don't have line of site for the HD signal..

On top of that, DirecTV only rates their dishes for up to 150ft.  Those technicians are feeding that guy a line of bull.

However, he may just not have line of site and there's nothing you can do about it.

You can easily  check the signal with a satelliite meter (bird dog) befoer you start pulling the lines...I bet it's not there.

Hosting Services by ipHouse