Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Friday December 31, 2010 at 19:46
william david design
March 2005
On December 31, 2010 at 19:26, Hasbeen said...
I have a feeling there's something else going  on..Now if the customer had a bunch of RG-59 in the house, you may have real issues.

I have a feeling you got an installer that doesn't know how to site a dish in, or there is a line of site issue. (trees)

The dish is at the front yard looking back over the house as there are trees in the back yard blocking the sight from the back of the house. The wire used was DirecTV branded 2 conductor RG6 cable run to the side of the house into RG6 runs to all the outlets. There 2 different subcontractors that came out from DirecTV (Mastec or maybe Mastek) to this address in Alpharetta, GA, and told the homeowner no HD was possible. If you say you have done longer runs then I am willing to try this installation using SWM dish setup.

The good news is he is willing to pay me to trench the existing cable or rerun a shorter cable under his driveway. Then the question is what is typically the fees you would charge the client to either trench existing run (350 feet) or trench and run under driveway (150 feet)? I assume conduit would be required?
Defectus tuus consilium carpere discrimen mihi non constituit.

Hosting Services by ipHouse