Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Saturday December 25, 2010 at 12:40
willriker01
Lurking Member
December 2010
Yeah, I know, wishful thinking. Here's the thing:

1. I am not a pro installer so go ahead and flame me now.
2. I purchased a Pronto TSU-9600 about 3 years ago and it has done the basics with my limited abilities at self-taught programming, screen building, etc.
3. Upgraded to Windows 7 and there went the Pronto Editor - Phillips will not even return my emails on how to get a Win7 version of the editor.
4. Upgraded my hardware and now the Pronto TSU-9600 is out of date so back to using multiple remotes.
Purchased a Harmony 100 with RF extenders - after a waste of 2 hours (includes repackaging time) I am returning next week - what a POS!

Okay, whining is over. I want a remote control that is RF or WiFi (I have setup a conventional Win7 network on an Apple Time Capsule Router set up between 5 computers at home), has no greater signal to execute delay than my RF DirecTV wand controller (which works great by the way) and works consistently. I only have a DirecTV HR22-100 box, Pioneer SC-07 AV, Sony 52" Bravia and a home-built Movie Server with 24GB RAM and 24 TB of drives with 1400 movies so far that I would like to operate.

Any ideas on what device? I don't mind paying a pro to set it all up but I do want the ability to tweak things on my own - so long as it's not so complicated I'd mess it all up, in which case I'll leave it to the pros. By the way, IMHO GEEK Squad are not the pros for this operation.

Appreciate your time.
Larry C

Hosting Services by ipHouse