The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Sunday December 19, 2010 at 20:04
storman
Long Time Member
December 2010
Thanks for the advice guys. I still haven't got around to working with the remote.
Yesterday simply evaporated on me - we had the cable guy out in the morning to see why our broadband speeds were all over the map. He ended up spending more time here than either of us imagined but he reworked the way the incoming line was split up between phone, broadband, and tv to give the cable modem more signal strength. In the end he discovered the cable modem was the main culprit and the wireless router wasn't doing too well either. So I've got a new modem and wireless router now and our internet is really blazing. Before I knew it it was supper time.

I'm hoping to work on programming tomorrow or Tuesday. I think I'm going to just plough through it with a basic configuration and see what I learn from that experience. I'm sure I'll end up making lots of tweaks and adjustments along the way. I think I'm still a little unclear about how to use step one to create activities because that step seemed so orientated towards working with devices.
Will it perhaps be a little more clear if I ditch my idea of having Activities/Devices and go with the "default" of Listen/Watch ?

Thanks,
Bill

Hosting Services by ipHouse